At present, there is a wide range of insect repellent drugs in the market. The main ingredients are ivermectin, albendazole, fenbendazole, abamectin, albendazole ivermectin, praziquantel, etc. Among them, ivermectin has been used for the longest time and is also the most widely used. The effect is also recognized by everyone, even forming a habit. However, after long-term use, we found that Ivermectin has certain limitations in its insect repellent range, and the effect is not very ideal. The same problem exists with albendazole or fenbendazole alone. After long-term clinical practice, we found that the combination of albendazole and ivermectin can complement each other, broaden the range of insect repellent, greatly improve the effect of insect repellent, and is safe and efficient. This combination can be called the best partner and perfect combination of insect repellent. Here are some personal summaries for you to share.
Ivermectin is a white crystalline powder, tasteless. It is easily soluble in methanol, ethanol, acetone and ethyl acetate, but almost insoluble in water. The property is stable, but the solution is easily degraded by light. Albendazole, also known as albendazole, enterochongqing, anti worm allergy. It is a white or almost white powder, odorless, tasteless, insoluble in water, slightly soluble in chloroform or acetone, and dissolved in glacial acetic acid.
The following is a summary and analysis from four aspects
1. Ivermectin is a broad-spectrum, highly effective and low toxic macrolide antibiotic insecticide, mainly by interfering with the worm γ- Aminobutyric acid, which blocks the transmission of interneurons and motor neurons to cause the death of the worm, and for arthropods, it blocks the transmission between nerves and muscles to cause paralysis or death of the worm. Therefore, Iveria has a good killing effect on nematodes and parasitic arthropods. This product can also reduce the egg laying of ticks, make the nematode eggs in ruminants abnormal, make filamentous nematodes sterile, and play a disguised role in killing the eggs. Because trematodes and tapeworms do not γ- Aminobutyric acid is the transmitter, so ivermectin is not effective against trematodes and tapeworms.
2. Albendazole is a broad-spectrum, high efficiency, low toxicity insecticide, which is the most widely used benzimidazole insecticide in veterinary clinic in china. This product is an inhibitor of microtubule protein in cells and also an inhibitor of energy metabolism, that is, it can combine with microtubule protein, a structural protein necessary for the uptake of nutrients by parasite cells, especially with dimeric microtubule protein, thus preventing the polymerization of microtubule protein in the process of microtubule configuration, thus killing parasites. This product is highly effective against a variety of nematodes, and also has a strong repellent effect against some trematodes and tapeworms, but has little effect on arthropods in vitro.
1. Widen the range of insect repellent: when used in combination, it has a strong killing effect on nematodes, trematodes, tapeworms and arthropods, almost including 99% of parasites.
2. Drive away parasites inside and outside the body: when used in combination, it can drive away parasites inside and outside the body, especially mites, ticks, skin flies, etc.
3. Insect repellent and egg repellent: when used in combination, it can not only kill the adults inside and outside the body, but also kill the eggs directly or in disguised form to achieve the complete effect of insect repellent.
Combination method, usage and dosage
1. The content of the combined product: albendazole 6%, ivermectin 0.25%.
2. Every 100g of the combined product is used for pigs, and the mixture is 100-200kg for 7 days; Use 2000-4000 kg body weight for every 100 grams, and use it again every 5-7 days. Generally, feed once a day in the morning.
Matters needing attention
1. Albendazole has certain fetotoxicity and teratogenicity, mainly bone malformation, but no mutagenic and carcinogenic effects. Therefore, this product is prohibited for pigs, cattle and sheep within 45 days of pregnancy.
2. It is prohibited for lactation period and parturient cows.
3. Please follow the doctor’s advice when using this product on horses, rabbits, dogs, cats and other animals.
Post time: Sep-19-2022