As early as 1880, human beings had developed vaccines to prevent pathogenic microorganisms. With the development of vaccine technology, human beings continue to successfully control and eradicate many serious infectious diseases such as smallpox, poliomyelitis, measles, mumps, influenza and so on.
At present, the new global situation is still grim, and the number of infections is increasing. Everyone will look forward to the vaccine, which may be the only way to break the situation. So far, more than 200 covid-19 vaccines are under development all over the world, of which 61 have entered the stage of clinical research.
How does the vaccine work?
Although there are many kinds of vaccines, the mechanism of action is similar. They usually inject low-dose pathogens into the human body in the form of injection (these pathogens may be virus inactivated or virus partial antigens) to promote the human body to produce antibodies against this pathogen. Antibodies have immune memory characteristics. When the same pathogen appears again, the body will quickly produce immune response and prevent infection.
The new crown vaccine can be divided into three categories according to different R & D technical routes: the first is the classical technical route, including inactivated vaccine and live attenuated vaccine through continuous passage; The second is protein subunit vaccine and VLP vaccine expressing antigen in vitro by gene recombination technology; The third type is viral vector vaccine (replication type, non replication type) and nucleic acid (DNA and mRNA) vaccine with gene recombination or direct expression of antigen in vivo with genetic material.
How safe is the new crown vaccine?
Similar to other pharmaceutical products, any vaccine licensed for marketing needs extensive safety and efficacy evaluation in laboratory, animal and human clinical trials before registration. So far, more than 60000 people have been vaccinated with Xinguan vaccine in China, and no serious adverse reactions have been reported. General adverse reactions, such as redness, swelling, lumps and low fever at the vaccination site, are normal phenomena after vaccination, do not need special treatment, and will be relieved by themselves in two or three days. Therefore, there is no need to worry too much about the safety of the vaccine.
Although the new crown vaccine has not been officially launched yet, and the contraindications shall be subject to the instructions after it is officially launched, according to the commonness of the vaccine, some people have a high risk of adverse reactions when using the vaccine, and medical personnel shall be consulted in detail before use.
Which groups have higher risk of adverse reactions after vaccination?
1. People who are allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine (consult medical staff); Severe allergic constitution.
2. Uncontrolled epilepsy and other progressive nervous system diseases, and those who have suffered from Guillain Barre syndrome.
3. Patients with acute fever, acute infection and acute attack of chronic diseases can only be vaccinated after they recover.
4. Other contraindications specified in the vaccine instructions (see specific instructions).
matters needing attention
1. After vaccination, you must stay on the site for 30 minutes before leaving. Do not gather and walk around at will during the stay.
2. The inoculation site shall be kept dry and clean within 24 hours, and try not to bathe.
3. After inoculation, if the inoculation site is red, has pain, soreness, low fever, etc., report to the medical staff in time and observe closely.
4. Very few vaccine allergic reactions may occur after vaccination. In case of emergency, seek medical treatment from medical staff at the first time.
Novel coronavirus pneumonia is a key preventive measure for the prevention of new crown pneumonia.
Try to avoid going to crowded places
Wear masks correctly
wash hands more often
Post time: Sep-03-2021